The Mechanic & Related/Stores negotiating committee met with American Airlines this week in Washington, DC.
Contrary to the message being delivered by management returning from the leadership conference in Dallas, your committee has not received any proposals related to compensation. Download this communication
The Fleet Service negotiating committee will be meeting next week.
We worked on the following articles this session:
• Absence from Duty: Your committee has reached a tentative agreement on this Article.
• Representation: As we reported last week, this Article is very complex, and after much table discussion this week, we have reached a tentative agreement on this Article.
• Recognition of Rights and Compliance: Your committee has reached a tentative agreement on this Article.
• Grievance Procedure: Your committee has had several exchanges and intense table discussions on this Article to ensure the rights of our members are protected. We have narrowed the differences and passed a comprehensive counter proposal to thecompany. We are now awaiting their response.
• General and Miscellaneous: The company passed their initial proposal, and the committee is reviewing their proposal before providing a response.
• Training: The company passed their initial proposal, and the committee is reviewing their proposal before providing a response.
• Sick Leave: Your committee is reviewing this article for exchange.
The scheduling committee will meet next week to plan future dates for negotiations and will post this information when it becomes available.
Your committee is dedicated to negotiating the best joint contract as quickly as possible.
Our next rounds of negotiations will be in Fort Worth, Texas the weeks of March 21 and 28.